Saturday, June 22, 2013

Greenhouse - June 2013


Greenhouse photos from 06/17/13





The dill is monsterous...I must have planted a different variety than I usually do.


The tomatoes have grown like crazy the last couple of weeks and I spied a couple of little ones growing yesterday.


About half of the beets have been picked and canned...8 pints worth.
The kids usually eat a couple of carrots a piece each day.


The melons have pretty much completely filled in all those bare spots since earlier this week when I took photos. We also found a bunch of watermelon growing. They are about softball size already.


Sweet corn will be ready in no time.


We picked a huge bowl of cukes yesterday...now to make some pickles.
My dear husband put of the cattle panels for the cukes to grow up onto...it's working awesome and I love how it works.









Over the last week, we have picked a bunch of green beans and peas. I've froze 8 quarts of peas and 6 quarts of green beans. We are on our way to filling the freezer.

And...it takes a long time to shell peas, but they are worth it...yummy!

God bless!


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing...and you canning already, too...what fun to be "ahead" of everyone else in the county!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lisa....sure does free up August.

    I also happen to love the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't think August will be any less busy, but it does help to spread it out some.

      Delete